Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What issues does 24 hour emergency service help with?
- Partial/intermittent power (inconsistent power)
- Short circuiting
- Blown fuses that need to be replaced
- Breakers constantly tripping
- Electrical problems caused by the weather
Should I call an emergency electrician if my breaker box is making noises, but looks okay otherwise?
Noises, such as continuous buzzing or humming sounds, coming from your breaker box should not be ignored and should be addressed as soon as possible by a professional. Even if all looks okay on the surface, these noises could be a sign that one of your breakers is attempting and failing to trip because of some fault. This can be incredibly dangerous, as it is a sign that your electrical safety system is failing. This can lead to a major power outage and other electrical problems, damaging your appliances or your overall electrical system unless corrected immediately.
What other ways can I tell that I need to contact 24 hour emergency service?
Along with hearing noises coming from your breaker box, some very important signs that something is amiss and should be looked at be a professional electrician are:
- Seeing sparks fly from appliances or outlets, especially when plugging something in
- Things not working and failing to operate as they should, such as lights
- Seeing or smelling smoke from appliances or outlets
- Detecting a smoldering metallic smell that resembles plastic or acid burning (which could be an indication of faulty wiring)